DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MAY 31, 2018
Click on Register to apply online
Important to remember if you're doing an online application, please send the following documents by email to Steve at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official college transcript(s) for undergraduate and graduate courses (as applicable)
- Two letters of recommendation
- A brief letter describing your interest in the FSAWWA scholarship
APPLICATION FOR MAILING - CLICK HERE
The Florida Section American Water Works Association annually awards up to a total of $25,000 in scholarships, ranging from $2500 to $5000 per student, to eligible students pursuing a degree relating to the drinking water industry. The scholarship provides reimbursement of tuition, books, and fees through the College/University Financial Aid Department and is generally disbursed to the school in the fall of the year the scholarship is awarded. Scholarships are awarded in both graduate and undergraduate categories, if eligible students apply, the criteria is met, and the scoring of the student(s) merit award of a scholarship.
1. Applicant must be an upper level undergraduate (over 65 credit hours) or graduate student enrolled in an accredited Florida institution and currently majoring in an area related to the drinking water industry.
2. Applicant must have a minimum 3.0 grade point average based on a 4.0 system.
3. Previous scholarship recipients are not eligible.
1. Complete the attached application form.
2. Enclose official college transcript(s) for undergraduate and graduate courses (as applicable).
3. Enclose two letters of recommendation.
4. Enclose a brief letter describing your interest in the FSAWWA scholarship.
5. Email to Steve Soltau at email@example.com
6. Or mail to: Steve Soltau
Interim Utilities Operations Director
Pinellas County Utilities
6730 142nd Avenue
Largo, FL 33771
1. Evaluation will be made on the basis of academic performance, work experience, community and civic activities, honors, career goals, letters of recommendation, and evidence of leadership, motivation, character, and self-reliance.
2. At the option of the scholarship committee, the top five candidates may be telephone interviewed by a member of the scholarship committee.
3. Scholarship recipients will be selected by the scholarship committee of the Florida Section American Water Works Association.
Deadline for Submission: Applications must be postmarked no later than midnight, May 15th.
Final Selection: Committee will make final selection of scholarship awardees by July 1st.