To collect and share knowledge of automation technology and data management, business processes, and information to improve water/wastewater utility operations, reliability, and efficiency.
The Automation Committee intends to parallel the mission of the AWWA Water Utility Technology & Automation Committee at the national level. Topics that the Automation Committee proposes to cover include:
- Instrumentation and control devices
- PLC, DCS and PC based control systems
- Instrument and control device networks
- Plant control and SCADA-related software
- Control panels, motor controllers, and final control elements
- The IT interface to plant control and SCADA systems
- Networks and wireless communication related to automation systems
- Security systems for treatment, storage and pumping facilities
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
- Monday, November 26, 2018, 11:30AM to 2:30PM: FSAWWA Fall Conference - The Automation Committee will host an open forum workshop where a series of presentations, each followed by open discussion, will take place. All levels of experience are welcomed
- Tuesday, Noember 27, 2018, 2:00PM to 4:00PM: FSAWWA Fall Conference - The Automation Committee will be hosting a general body meeting. Anyone interested in being involved with the committee is welcomed to attend. The meeting will include discussion of industry trending topics, future committee events, and general networking.
TECHNICAL WEBINAR LIBRARY
Want to host a Webinar Presentation? Contact Kevin Gerszuny at Kevin.Gerszuny@kimley-horn.com to get scheduled in our webinar series.
Have a technical question? Contact Mike Stoup at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will share the question with the committee to formulate an answer.
Want to get involved in the committee? Contact Mike Stoup at email@example.com for more information.
Committee Contact Information
McKim and Creed
Hazen & Sawyer
Data Flow Systems
St. Johns County Utilities
Orange County Utilities
We are soliciting members and volunteers to help advance this newly formed Committee. For more information on joining the Automation Committee or to learn about our next meeting, please contact our Chair or Vice Chair.